Applied Counselling and Development Institute of South Africa
invites you to attend two different courses
Course 1: 30 CMD POINTS for
Applied Counselling School for Ministers, Pastors, Church leaders and Theology students
Steve Biko Hospital, Pretoria, 24-27 June 2013
This school offers you 4 days of hands-on training in counselling applicable to a pastoral context.
● Therapeutic themes
Trauma in the ministry
Sexuality and gender
● Practice and skills development
Self-examination and awareness of assumptions
Ethics and service
Course 2: 15 CMD POINTS for
Trauma Support Workshop
Santa Sophia, Pretoria, 26-27 May or August 10-11 2013.
· Explore the nature of trauma – how it operates and gets its disruptive power.
· Understand the body-mind connection in trauma.
· Listen to stories of trauma in a way that makes people stronger and supports resilience.
· Practice psychological first aid and containment skills.
· Know what to look out for and when to get professional help.
· Learn how to care for yourself while you face trauma stories
How will you benefit?
· Continued personal and professional growth, as well as greater practical counselling knowledge and skills.
· CMD points (Continued Ministerial Development), as well as a certificate of attendance and letter of reference.
· Feedback, coaching and individual support from the presenters.
How to register: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.acdisa.org and Applied Counselling and Development Institute of SA (Facebook) to see our other training events.
ACDiSA’s trainers: ACDiSA’s counselors and trainers have extensive understanding and experience of trauma counselling. They provide trauma counselling and support services in state hospitals and other NGO’s. They work with the trauma of illness, death, accidents, injury and crime. They support patients, their families, doctors, nurses and students.
Presenters: Dr Ilse Gravett and Ms Hettie Mathie, registered pastoral and psychology counselors, as well as trauma practitioners.